HealthPRO - Heritage School Special Education Teacher in Bronx, New York
HealthPro Heritage has a great School Based Special Education Teacher opening with an award winning charter school in the Bronx, NY.
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our company.
Special education teachers work with students who have a wide range of learning, mental, emotional, and physical disabilities. They adapt general education lessons and teach various subjects, such as reading, writing, and math, to students with mild and moderate disabilities. They also teach basic skills, such as literacy and communication techniques, to students with severe disabilities.
Special education teachers typically do the following:
• Assess students skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans
• Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students
• Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student
• Plan, organize, and assign activities that are specific to each students abilities
• Teach and mentor students as a class, in small groups, and one-on-one
• Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
• Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals
• Discuss students’ progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators
• Supervise and mentor teacher assistants who work with students with disabilities
• Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation
Special education teachers in public schools are required to have at least a bachelor’s degree and a state-issued certification or license Most states require a degree specifically in special education.
All states require teachers in public schools to be licensed.
Most states require teachers to pass a background check. Teachers may be required to complete annual professional development classes or a masters degree to maintain their license.
Many states offer general licenses in special education that allow teachers to work with students with a variety of disabilities.
Requisition ID: 2018-11095
External Company Name: HealthPRO Management Services, Inc.
External Company URL: www.healthpro-rehab.com
Full Name: First Last: Kerri Ann Kerley