Publicis Media Senior Analyst, Beauty in New York, New York
Who is Zenith Analytics?
At Zenith, we’re changing the way some of the biggest brands in the country – including Verizon, Chase, Kohl’s, American Cancer Society, and more – talk to consumers. We put data-driven understanding of our clients’ customers first, so we know whom to reach and when to talk to them. And by keeping our finger on the pulse of consumer attitudes and reactions, we know how to keep that conversation on track. That’s at the heart of Live ROI, and it all starts with Analytics.
What does Zenith Analytics do?
Working closely with both the Business Planning and Activation teams, Analytics designs the data strategy to tie our clients’ marketing to real-world business goals. We then mine that data to optimize campaigns and tell the stories that bring our clients closer to their marketing, helping them understand if they’re talking to the people they want, and if they’re doing it the right way.
- What does a successful Senior Analyst look like?*
We don’t all look the same, and we don’t expect you to, either. But a successful Senior Analyst should share our passion for emerging tech and media, bring a data-driven approach to decision-making, determine a point of view and shares it in a positive way, gear up for a challenge, and always crave to learn more and improve. This person has a spreadsheet open the second we start brainstorming. We are looking for prior experience in media analytics, especially digital media, but isn’t necessarily a requirement. At least 2-3 years of prior professional experience is highly desired.
What does a Senior Analyst do day-to-day?
Senior Analysts form the foundation of the Analytics team, pulling and arranging data from a multitude of sources to feed business-improving insights and putting it all together into presentations that bring the story home to our clients.
Additionally, Senior Analysts play a pivotal role in mentoring Analysts. As more experienced analysts and project managers, Senior Analysts also guide Analysts in best practices for working with data, communicating with internal teams, and designing basic data strategies on the campaign level. Senior Analysts work closely with a Manager to help execute the broader vision for the account.
• 2+ years of work experience in media analytics, or related field.
• Bachelor’s degree. Degree in a related field is a plus (i.e. STEM, Economics, Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.).
• Advanced Excel skills (ability to work with advanced formulas, pivot tables, macros)., and experience working with large data sets.
• Detail-oriented; can be relied upon to be the last stop for catching errors
• Strong analytical thinker with an abundance of intellectual curiosity
• Familiarity with Ad Servers such as DoubleClick, Adform, etc.
• Strong communication skills. Ability to speak and write professionally. Ability and comfort with presenting work to internal and external clients by phone or in person.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• World-class customer service skills. Ability to service clients, partners and internal stakeholders by understanding their needs, translating those needs into creative solutions, and delivering on those solutions with diligence and a sense of urgency.
• Understanding of broad range of online advertising media channels from Search, Display Banners, Email, Contextual, Social
• Knowledge of analytics tools and relational databases (Google Analytics, SQL, MS Access, Tableau, Datorama)
• Understanding and/or working knowledge with industry research methodologies/vendors e.g. Millward Brown, comScore, Nielsen, etc.
• Experience working with CPG clients a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Zenith is an Equal Opportunity Employer.