American Express Senior Financial Analyst - US Consumer Lending in New York, New York
US Consumer Services (USCS) offers a diverse set of products to Cardmembers in the US, ranging from the iconic Charge Cards to consumer travel solutions. The Decision Support Center of Excellence (DSCoE) Planning & Analysis team is responsible for driving strategic analysis of USCS performance and forward-looking expectations.
The Lending Analyst role will support a variety of critical financial projects in support of the US Consumer Services organization. The incumbent will have the primary responsibility of developing insightful analytics on business performance to drive profitable growth, in addition to being the subject matter expert on lending forecasting for USCS Finance. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep knowledge of the Card Issuing business, as well as to gain exposure to and insight from leadership. The successful candidate will be comfortable collaborating with internal customers, be able to work closely with leaders and have the aptitude to drive change. The FP&A Lending Analyst will perform a key role in providing financial analysis and decision support for the USCS business.
Key Responsibilities include: * Forecast and conduct strategic analysis of consumer accounts receivables, a multi-billion dollar key indicator and important driver of the P&L * Develop expertise of consumer lending behaviors, including accounts receivables and lending-related revenues; report results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis * Work closely with other Finance teams, Consumer Marketing and Business partners to drive alignment on targets and communicate variances * Maintain several core USCS models, which are used to enhance financial analytics for the USCS business
- 2 years experience in financial services industry; Lending and Card Economics experience is a strong preference
- Forecasting, Modeling experience; advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge of AXP Financial systems, including TM1 and Oracle, preferred
- Analytical mindset; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of financial data
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral; experience leading discussions with Senior Leaders and collaborating at all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and drive to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex work streams and work across boundaries
- SQL, SAS, and Tableau experience preferred Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Title: Senior Financial Analyst - US Consumer Lending
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 18003112